- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chives, minced
- 1 lemon, zested
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 2 pieces flatbread or naan bread
- ½ bunch of Farm Direct Supply asparagus spears, trimmed
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, optional garnish
- Honey, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
In a small bowl, stir together ricotta, chives, ½ of the lemon zest, and salt. Set aside.
Using a vegetable peeler, shave asparagus spears into long, thin shavings. If asparagus is thin to start, simply cut in half lengthwise.
Place dollops of ricotta mixture evenly on each flatbread. Top with shaved asparagus, sprinkle with red pepper flakes if desired, and season with salt to taste. Drizzle with olive oil.
Place flatbread on a baking sheet and bake for 12–15 minutes until cheese is melted and flatbread is crisp.
Remove from the oven and top with mint leaves, remaining lemon zest, and drizzle with honey. Serve immediately.